Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break Fishing







We just recently finished up spring break here in Wyoming and I had some awesome fishing. I spent the first few days of my break fishing my way down to Denver. Saturday was one of the most amazing fishing days I’ve ever had, between the three of us we landed well over 50 fish. That is very rare to say, but I don’t think we went more than 3 minutes without hooking up with a fish. You know it’s gonna be a great day when you land a 23 inch, 5.25lb brown as your third fish of the day. I tried to keep track of my fish but lost count after 17 in the first 2hrs. It was a truly amazing day and I hope that it’s just the beginning of an epic season. Oh, Sunday was pretty good fishing too. Lots of fish caught and a number of doubles. The one double picture I have posted is actually of my dad holding a 21 inch fish and a 17 inch fish. Not a bad double, but the picture doesn’t do it justice.

The second week of my spring break was spent down in Mexico, spending some time with the girlfriend and getting a day of tarpon fishing in. The fishing wasn’t great, it was a little early in the season but a few of the big tarpon were around. I only caught a few smaller tarpon and missed a few others, but I’m excited to go back. Overall the trip was great and the fishing was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment