Wednesday, August 20, 2014

8/17/14

I'm sorry that it has been so long since I've posted. I've been extremely busy and the fishing has been on fire. I haven't seen the Snake River fish this well in a number of years. The Snake River is currently flowing at 2000cfs out of the dam, for comparison, this time last year the Snake River was flowing at 4500cfs. The Snake River fishes best at lower water levels and the past few high water years have created some very larger and healthy cutthroats in the river system. The dry fly fishing has been excellent and we have been using some nymph droppers to pick up some of the pickier fish. I haven't been off the Snake very often recently, but I do hear that both the South Fork and the Salt river are fishing quite well. I was down on the Green river a few days ago. It fished well for us but it did require very precise casting with reach casts being key. We caught a number of very nice fish but it was tough work and did shut down later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment